This sweet and spicy tenderloin recipe is super easy! Make it as spicy as you like by adding more or different types of chili peppers. Teriyaki pork tenderloin is total comfort food for me — it appeared in my family’s rotation at least once a week when I was a kid.
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 pounds pork tenderloin
- 1/2 cup teriyaki sauce
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 4 cloves garlic, chopped
- 3 fresh red chile pepper, finely chopped
- 1/2 large onion, sliced
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- Heat the olive oil in a skillet over medium-high heat. Brown tenderloins on all sides, about 10 minutes. Meanwhile, mix together teriyaki sauce, chicken broth, and brown sugar in a bowl. Stir in garlic, red chile pepper, onion, and black pepper.
- Put browned tenderloins into slow cooker, cover with the teriyaki sauce mixture. Cook on High for about 4 hours, turning 2 to 3 times during the cooking time to ensure even doneness.
- Remove tenderloins from the slow cooker and let rest for 5 minutes before slicing. If desired, spoon liquid over slices when serving.