Sweet potato gratin with onions is a perfect dish to add to your holiday dinner plans. You can add some variety to the dish by using different kinds of sauces like salsa or coconut cream
- 1 tablespoon butter, softened
- 1 cup thinly sliced sweet onion
- 2 pounds sweet potatoes (about 3 large), peeled and thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 2 ounces grated fresh Parmesan cheese (about 1/2 cup), divided
- Cooking spray
- 1/2 cup organic vegetable broth
1. Melt butter in a medium nonstick skillet over medium heat. Add onion; sauté 5 minutes or until lightly browned. Combine onion, sweet potato, next 4 ingredients (through pepper), and 1/4 cup cheese in a large bowl, tossing to coat with flour. Coat a 4-quart electric slow cooker with cooking spray. Transfer vegetable mixture to slow cooker.
2. Pour broth over potato mixture. Sprinkle with remaining 1/4 cup cheese. Cover and cook on LOW for 4 hours or until potato is tender.