- 1 small onion, finely chopped (1/2 cup)
- 1/2 cup ketchup
- 1/2 cup cider vinegar
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon kosher salt
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon ground chipotle chili powder
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 4 pounds pork country ribs
- Mix the onion, ketchup, vinegar, brown sugar, salt, Worcestershire, chili powder, and oregano in a slow cooker.
- Add in the ribs. Cook on low heat for 6 hours, then turn up to high heat for 3 1/2 hours.
- Get a pair of tongs and remove the ribs from the cooker and arrange on a pan.
- Heat up the broiler. Take the liquid from the cooker and place into a bowl then put into a freezer for 10 minutes to speed up the separation of the fat.
- Take out the fat. Pour the remaining liquid into a saucepan; boil over high heat for roughtly 15 minutes. Broil the ribs about 6 inches from the heat until browned.