You will be hooked on these tender, juicy meatballs. You can put them on top of any dish e.g. rice and drizzle them with chutney sauce.
- 1 (1-ounce) slice white bread, torn into pieces
- 1 1/2 pounds lean ground lamb
- 1/4 cup finely chopped green onions
- 2 tablespoons minced seeded pickled jalapeno peppers
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 large egg
- 1/2 cup mango chutney
- 1/4 cup no-salt-added tomato paste
- 3 tablespoons lower-sodium soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon pickled jalapeno pepper liquid
- 2 teaspoons finely chopped fresh mint
- 3 cups hot cooked couscous
- 1 tablespoon thinly sliced fresh mint
1. Put bread in a food processor; use until coarse crumbs measure 1/2 cup. Mix breadcrumbs, lamb, and next 5 ingredients (through egg) in a bowl. Shape into 36 (1 1/4-inch) meatballs.
2. Place a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add one-third of meatballs; cook for about 1 minute, move the pan to brown on all sides. Transfer meatballs to a 3 1/2-or 4-quart slow cooker. Repeat procedure twice with remaining meatballs.
3. Mix chutney and next 4 ingredients in a bowl; pour over meatballs. Cover and cook on low heat for 2 hours. Serve meatballs and sauce over couscous. Sprinkle with thinly sliced mint.