- 8 oz lo mein noodles or rice noodles
- 2 medium red bell peppers, seeded and cut into thin strips
- 8 oz white mushrooms, sliced
- 2 large cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tsp peanut oil
- 12 broccoli florets
- 1 large semi-ripe mango, peeled,pitted and sliced
- 4 oz firm tofu, diced
- ¼ cup pineapple juice
- ½ cup vegetable stock or canned broth
- 3 tbsp low-sodium soy sauce
- 2 tsp sesame oil
- 1 to 2 tbsp peanut butter
- In large saucepan, boil 3 quarts of water. After the water boils, add noodles stirring constantly to prevent sticking. Cook until soft, stir at intervals for 4 to 5 minutes. Drain noodles.
- Next, in large skillet or wok, heat oil over medium heat. Put in bell peppers, mushrooms and garlic and stir-fry until vegetables begin to get soft, about 5 minutes. Add broccoli, mango and tofu and stir-fry 4 minutes.
- Mix in vegetable stock, pineapple juice, soy sauce and sesame oil and allow to simmer. Cook over medium heat, stirring often, until sauce starts to get thick, 4 to 5 minutes.
- Reduce heat to low and add in peanut butter. Transfer noodles to serving plates and spoon mango and vegetable mixture over top.