Introduce this recipe at your holiday dinners and it will surely be a popular dish.
- 1 package herb-seasoned bread stuffing mix. If you can make this from scratch then do so.
- 2 skinless boneless turkey breasts
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- 2 packages dried, sweetened cranberries
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 6 lettuce leaves
- 1/2 cup pecan halves
- Preheat the stove to 350 degrees. Make the stuffing mix either from scratch or from the package.
- Using a knife, butterfly breasts open to lay flat. Place each breast in between two sheets of waxed paper, and flatten with a tenderizer. Spread the readied stuffing to inside near to the the edge of the breasts. Coat all the breasts with diced pecans and dried cranberries, saving a portion of the cranberries for topping. Roll into a tight cylinder or roll shape, beginning with the long end. Tuck in the ends, and tie in areas with string, around 4 sections around the center and one running the length of the roll to secure the ends.
- Heat olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Brown the rolls on all sides.
- Place uncovered skillet into oven. Cook in a preheated 350 degrees oven for 60 minutes. Try not to let the rolls get excessively dry.
- Let rolls set for 15 minutes before taking off the string, and cutting into 1/2 to 3/4 inch circles. Keep one roll whole, and cut the other for presentation. Stuffing will be spiraled into meat. Present by topping with a sprinkling of the remaining 1/2 cup pecan pieces and the dried cranberries.