Try this recipe and combine spicy Cajun style seafood with rich pasta. If you dont think you can take the spiciness of the recipe you can reduce the the amount of peppers and spices.
- 2 cups heavy whipping cream
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh basil
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh thyme
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 2 teaspoons ground black pepper
- 1 1/2 teaspoons crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 teaspoon ground white pepper
- 1 cup chopped green onions
- 1 cup chopped parsley
- 1/2 pound shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1/2 pound scallops
- 1/2 cup shredded Swiss cheese
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 pound dry fettuccine pasta
- Prepare pasta by cooking in a large pot of salted water until it is cooked.
- While your pasta is cooking, pour cream into large skillet. Place over medium heat, stirring often, until it is ready to boil. Lower the heat, and add herbs, salt, peppers, onions, and parsley. Let the combination continue to cook 7 to 8 minutes.
- Mix in seafood, make sure you cook it until shrimp is no longer transparent. Stir in cheeses, mixing well.
- Drain out the water from pasta. Pour sauce on the pasta and serve.