- 1 teaspoon canola oil
- 12 ounces turkey breakfast sausage
- 2 cups 1% low-fat milk
- 2 cups egg substitute
- 1 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground red pepper
- 3 large eggs
- 16 (1-ounce) slices white bread
- 1 cup (4 ounces) finely shredded reduced-fat extrasharp cheddar cheese
- Cooking spray
3. Cut the crusts from the bread. Cut bread into cubes. Now add the bread cubes, sausage, and cheddar to milk mixture, mixing to combine. Place bread mixture into a baking dish coated with cooking oil/spray, spreading egg mix equally in baking dish. Cover and refrigerate 8 hours or overnight.
4. Warm the oven to 350 degrees.
5. Take casserole from the fridge; let casserole stay for 30 minutes. Sprinkle it equally with paprika. Heat at 350° for 45 minutes or until set andlightly browned.