This recipe makes the perfect side for a big meal. Whether its celebrating the holidays or just having family over this dish tastes amazing and its the taste of the roasted garlic that enhances these mashed potatoes.
- 6 cloves garlic, peeled
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 7 baking potatoes, peeled and cubed
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- Warm the oven to 350 degrees F.
- Put garlic cloves in a dish. Sprinkle with olive oil, cover, and bake in preheated oven for 45 minutes.
- Boil a big pot of salted water. Start adding potatoes, and cook until they are tender yet firm. Drain the water, and place potatoes in a large mixing bowl.
- Add roasted garlic, milk, Parmesan cheese, and butter into the bowl with the potatoes. Season with salt and pepper. Beat to wanted consistency with a mixer.