Tortillas and bean dip are a great appetizer for parties. You can add some lime juice to help to improve the flavour of the dip. It is quick and easy to make recipe for nearly any social gathering.
- 6 (8-inch) flour tortillas
- Cooking spray
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 2 teaspoons fresh lime juice
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 (16-ounce) can organic refried beans
- 1 cup organic bottled salsa
- 2/3 cup frozen whole-kernel corn, thawed
- 1/4 cup chopped green onions
- 2 tablespoons chopped black olives
- 3/4 cup (3 ounces) preshredded 4-cheese Mexican blend cheese
- 3/4 cup (6 ounces) light sour cream
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
Warm oven to 350 degrees.
Cut each tortilla into wedges, and place the wedges in single layers on 2 baking sheets. Spray wedges with cooking spray; Add some paprika. Bake at 350 degrees for 15 minutes or until lightly browned.
Mix juice, cumin, and beans in a medium bowl, stirring until combined. Place mixture evenly into a baking dish with the base coated with cooking spray. Spread salsa evenly over beans. Mix corn, onions, and olives; spoon corn mixture evenly over salsa. Cover the corn mixture with cheese. Bake at 350 degrees for 20 minutes. Let the dish cool. Complete the recipe by topping with sour cream and sprinkling with cilantro. When ready serve dip with tortilla chips.