A meat pie is a pastry with a filling of meat, onions, pepper and other ingredients.
- 1 carrot
- 1 tbsp margarine
- 1 small onion and thyme
- salt and peper to taste
- 1 tbsp of worcestershire sauce
- 2 potatoes (grated)
- 3 cups chopped or ground cook meat
- 1 1/2 cup flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 cup cold water
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup velvo kris shortening
Pastry: Save some of the pastry for top crust.
- Mix flour, salt and baking powder together.
- Cut shortening into flour mixture until it reassembles bread crumbs, add water, a little at a time, just enough to bind mixture.
- Form into a ball and roll on a lightly floured board.
- Brown meat in melted margarine and simmer until cooked, saute the grated carrot and potato in margarine.
- Combine carrot, potato, meat and seasonings. Add Worcestershire sauce. If necessary moisten with a little stock or gravy.
- Place into pie shell. Roll on top crust and make sits to allow steam to escape. Cover pie and seal edges, flute if desired.
- Bake in a hot oven at 450 degrees for about 15 minutes.
- Reduce temperature to 350 degrees and continue baking 20-25 minutes longer. You can serve these hot or cold.