With this recipe you can make authentic “Jerk” chicken right at home.
- 6 green onions, chopped
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 jalapeno pepper, seeded and minced
- 3/4 cup soy sauce
- 1/2 cup distilled white vinegar
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1 1/2 pounds skinless, boneless chicken breast halves
- You can use a food processor or blender to mix the green onions, onion, jalapeno pepper, soy sauce, vinegar, vegetable oil, brown sugar, thyme, cloves, nutmeg and allspice. Blend for roughly 15 seconds.
- Put the chicken into a medium bowl and cover with the marinade. Place into the refrigerator for 4 to 6 hours.
- Fire up the grill to high heat.
- Oil the grill grate. Allow the chicken to cook on the prepared grill for 6 to 8 minutes until the juices run clear.