This is a great appetizer to serve your guests when entertaining. The spicy sauce and the grilled shrimp make an excellent combination.
- 1 cup canned fire-roasted diced tomatoes, drained
- 1/4 cup slivered almonds, toasted
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 2 teaspoons crushed red pepper
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 3 garlic cloves, chopped
- 2 (7 1/2-ounce) jars roasted red bell peppers, drained
- 1 (1-ounce) slice gluten-free white bread
- 48 large fresh shrimp (about 3 pounds)
- Cooking spray
- Chopped fresh parsley (optional)
1. Heat your grill to medium-high heat.
2. Put the ingredients in a food processor, and blend until it is smooth.
3. Coat shrimp with cooking spray and place on grill. Grill shrimp 3 minutes on each side or until done.