- 3 tablespoons white miso paste
- 2 tablespoons water
- 2 tablespoons mirin
- 2 tablespoons sake
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 2 black cod fillets
- Put your oven rack around 6 inches from the heat source and preheat the broiler’s oven. Line a baking sheet with aluminum foil and grease the aluminum foil.
- Whisk miso paste, water, mirin, sake, and chestnut sugar together in a skillet over medium heat until the blend simmers and thickens, 1 to 3 minutes. Take from heat and cool completely.
- Place cod fillets on baking sheet. Brush fillets with miso blend. Leave fillets at room temperature to marinate, 15 to 20 mins.
- Broil fillets in the preheated stove for 5 minutes. Turn the baking sheet 180 degrees and continue cooking until fish flakes easily with a fork.