Ginger glazed mahi mahi fuses the sweet and sour taste into this delicious dish. The recipe is easy and with in 30 minutes you can it prepared and ready to serve with your favourite side dishes.
- 3 tablespoons honey
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce
- 3 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1 teaspoon grated fresh ginger root
- 1 clove garlic, crushed or to taste
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 4 mahi mahi fillets
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- In a glass dish, stir together the honey, soy sauce, balsamic vinegar, ginger, garlic and olive oil. Season fish fillets with salt and pepper, and place them into the dish. If the fillets have skin on them, put them skin side down. Cover then refrigerate for 20 minutes to marinate.
- Heat vegetable oil in a skillet over medium-high heat. Take fish from the dish, and keep marinade. Sear fish for 4 to 6 minutes on every side, turning just once, until fish flakes easily with a fork. Put fillets in a serving platter and keep warm.
- Pour marinade into the skillet, and heat over medium heat until the mixture reduces to a glaze. Spoon coat over fish, and serve promptly.