Crispy and delicious coconut shrimp meets mango chutney this recipe gives some amazing flavors.
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 tbsp chili powder
- 1 tsp salt
- One 8 oz package sweetened, flaked coconut
- One 16 oz package tempura batter
- 1 lb medium raw shrimp, peeled
- Vegetable or canola oil
- 1 ½ cups commercially prepared fruit chutney
- ½ cup finely diced mango
- Mix together flour, chili powder, and salt in a medium bowl until well mixed. Put flaked coconut on a plate and set aside. Prepare tempura batter. Batter should have a similar consistency to that of pancake batter.
- Put oil into a medium saucepan and heat over medium heat. Put shrimp in flour until coated. Next, coat shrimp with tempura batter and roll in coconut flakes. Place 3 – 5 shrimp at a time in hot oil and cook for 1 – 2 minutes until cooked. Remove and drain on paper towels.
- Blend fruit chutney with mango until mixed. Put chutney in small dipping bowl and set on serving tray.