My family always loved entertaining guests, and these rich egg delights are one of our favorites to serve at breakfast. The leftovers are great to warm in the microwave on mornings, so we always made sure to stash a couple of them aside for the next morning.
- 1/2 pound fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 4 green onions, chopped
- 1 tablespoon plus 1/2 cup butter, cubed, divided
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 10 eggs, lightly beaten
- 4 cups (16 ounces) shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- 2 cups (16 ounces) 4% cottage cheese
- In a skillet, saute the mushrooms and onions in 1 tablespoon butter
- until tender. In a large bowl, combine the flour, baking powder and salt.
- In another bowl, combine eggs and cheeses. Melt remaining butter; add
- to egg mixture. Stir into dry ingredients along with mushroom mixture.
- Fill greased muffin cups three-fourths full. Bake at 350° for
- 35-40 minutes or until a knife inserted near the center comes out
- clean. Carefully run the knife around edge of muffin cups before
- removing. Yield: 2-1/2 dozen.