You can use either canned or fresh yams with this recipe. This is a holiday favourite that is quick and and easy to make.
- 1 can sweet potatoes
- 1/4 cup butter, cut into pieces
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1 1/2 cups miniature marshmallows
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.
- Peel and place yams in a medium baking dish. Spread butter pieces over the yams. Sprinkle some brown sugar on the yams. Layer with miniature marshmallows.
- Place baking dish into the oven and bake for 25 minutes, or until yams are tender and marshmallows have melted.
- Remove from the oven and allow to cool before serving.