No need for frozen veggie burgers with this recipe. Its simple to make and delicious. It will make you wonder why you even used to eat the frozen variety in the first place.
- 1 can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1/2 green bell pepper, cut into 2 inch pieces
- 1/2 onion, cut into wedges
- 3 cloves garlic, peeled
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 tablespoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon Thai chili sauce or hot sauce
- 1/2 cup bread crumbs
- When grilling, preheat grill for high heat, and lightly oil a sheet of aluminum foil. If baking preheat oven to 375 degrees F , and oil a baking sheet.
- In a medium dish, mash black beans with a fork until thick and pastry.
- In a sustenance processor, finely cleave chime pepper, onion, and garlic. At that point mix into squashed beans.
- In a little bowl, stir together egg, chili powder, cumin, and stew sauce.
- Mix the egg mixture into the mashed beans. Blend in bread crumbs until the mixture is sticky and holds together. Divide mixture into four patties.If you are using a grill, put patties on foil, and grill for around 8 minutes on each side. If you are baking, put patties on baking sheet, and heat around 10 minutes on each side.