This hearty beef chili features boneless chuck roast and a medley of traditional chili seasonings. Serve with homemade cornbread for a complete meal.
- 4 pounds boneless chuck roast, cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- 2 tablespoons chili powder
- 2 (6-ounce) cans tomato paste
- 1 (32-ounce) container beef broth
- 2 (8-ounce) cans tomato sauce
- 2 teaspoons granulated garlic
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground oregano
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon ground red pepper
- Cornbread sticks (optional)
- Toppings: crushed tortilla chips, sour cream, shredded cheese, chopped onion
Brown meat, in batches, in a Dutch oven over medium-high heat. Remove meat, reserving drippings in Dutch oven. Add chili powder to Dutch oven; cook, stirring constantly, 2 minutes. Stir in tomato paste; cook 5 minutes.
Return beef to Dutch oven. Stir in beef broth and next 9 ingredients; bring to a boil. Reduce heat to low, and simmer, uncovered, stirring occasionally, 1 1/2 hours or until beef is tender. Serve with cornbread sticks, if desired, and desired toppings.