A good way to spice up plain old chicken breasts is by adding a sauce or garnish to them. In this recipe we are stuffing them with goat cheese and arugula which will have these chicken breasts bursting with flavour.
- 4 chicken breasts, tenders removed, breasts pounded thin
- Kosher salt
- Ground black pepper
- 1 large bunch arugula (about 4 ounces, trimmed)
- 4 oz of soft goat cheese (chevre) broken into small pieces
- 1-2 Tbsp butter or olive oil
- Wooden Toothpicks
- Set the oven to 425°F. Flatten the breasts thin to make them sufficiently thin to roll. To do this put a bit of plastic wrap over the chicken breast. Use the smooth side of the meat tenderizer to pound the piece flat.
- Season the chicken with salt and pepper. On a sanitized surface lay cutlets flat, smooth side down. Layer with arugula leaves and bits of goat cheese in the center. Beginning with the thinnest ends, roll the chicken cutlets into a tight roulade and keep in place with toothpicks.
- Heat the oil on medium heat in a large skillet. Place the chicken roulades in the skillet and brown on all sides.
- Place the skillet in the oven and cook until the chicken is cooked through, around 10 to 12 minutes. Remove pan from oven and remove the chicken from the pan. Cover with foil and let rest for 5 minutes. Remove the toothpicks from the chicken and cut the roulades into rounds to serveds to serve.