These sandwiches are meals for your kids. It only takes a few minutes to throw together so you wont have to keep them waiting too long.
- 1 pound beef sirloin, cut into thin 2 inch strips
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon dried marjoram
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 onion, sliced
- 1 green bell pepper,
- 3 ounces Swiss cheese, thinly sliced
- 4 hoagie rolls, split lengthwise
- Put the beef in a large bowl. In a smaller bowl, blend together salt, pepper, paprika, chili powder, onion powder, garlic powder, thyme, marjoram and basil. Pour over beef.
- Place some oil in a skillet over medium-high heat. Saute beef till cooked, and remove from pan. Heat the more oil in the skillet, and saute the onion and green pepper.
- Preheat oven on broiler setting.
- Divide the meat, layer with onion and green pepper, then top with sliced cheese. Then place them on a baking sheet, and broil until cheese is melted. Place the meat into breads and serve.