This recipe makes cinnamon rolls even easier to make by using frozen bread dough. Make this after dinner treat for your kids during the weekend or even during the week.
- 1 loaf frozen bread dough, thawed
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 2/3 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/3 cup heavy whipping cream
- 2/3 cup sifted confectioners’ sugar
- 1 tablespoon milk, or more as needed
- 1 dash vanilla extract
- Start by greasing 2 round cake pans with butter.
- Roll bread dough out to a rectangle and brush with melted butter. Mix brown sugar, walnuts, and cinnamon in a bowl; sprinkle over dough. Roll dough into a log and use water to wet the edge; seal the edge. Cut log into approximately 20 slices; arrange rolls, cut sides down, in prepared cake pans. Cover with a towel and let rise in a warm place until doubled in size, about 1 1/2 hours.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Pour heavy cream over dough.
- Bake in preheated oven until brown.
- Stir in sugar, milk, and vanilla extract in a bowl until it is smooth, adding more milk or sugar as needed. Sprinkle over warm cinnamon rolls to serve.