Almost all kids love chicken and when they are prepared like this and combined with a fun dip of your choice this recipe is sure to be a popular request.
- 6 skinless, boneless chicken breast halves – cut into 1/2 inch strips
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 1 1/2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup seasoned bread crumbs
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 quart oil for frying
- Put chicken strips into a big, resealable bag. In a bowl, combine the egg, buttermilk and garlic powder. Pour mixture into bag with chicken. Seal and place into the fridge for roughly 2 to 4 hours.
- In another large, plastic bag, mix the flour, bread crumbs, salt and baking powder. Remove chicken from refrigerator, and put the chicken in flour mixture bag. Seal, and shake to coat.
- Heat oil in a big skillet to 375 degrees F.
- Put the coated chicken into the hot oil. Allow chicken to fry until the coat is crispy and brown.Use paper towels to soak up excess oil.