This recipe utilizes the microwave and there is no longer the need to remove the silk before preparing this quick dish.
- 1 ear corn on the cob, unhusked
- 1 teaspoon butter, or to taste
- Take an ear of corn and put into the microwave oven and cook on high heat for 2 minutes; turn the corn over and continue cooking on high until kernels steamed, another 2 minutes.
- Put corn on a cutting board, using a towel, and cut off the bottom of the ear, exposing 1/4 to 1/2 inch of kernels. Hold the ear from the top and squeeze ear of corn out of the husk from top to bottom. Husks and silk will be left behind.
- Spread butter or garlic butter on the corn ear and season with salt to taste.