Lemon Tea Bread is a light cake with hint of lemon flavour and is coated with a citrus glaze.
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup milk
- 2 tablespoons lemon rind, divided
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon granulated sugar
- Beat melted butter at medium pace with an electric mixer until rich. Steadily add 1 cup granulated sugar, beating until light and fluffy. Add one egg at a time, beating just until mixed after every addition.
- Mix together flour, baking powder, and salt; add to butter mixture with milk, beating at low speed just until mixed, starting and ending with flour mixture. Mix in 1 tablespoon lemon skin. Scoop batter into prepared loaf pan.
- Heat at 350° for 1 hour. Let bread cool in pan 10 minutes. Take bread from pan, and cool on a wire rack.
- Blend together powdered sugar and lemon juice until smooth; spread equally over top of bread, letting excess drip down the sides. Mix together remaining 1 tablespoon lemon rind and 1 tablespoon granulated sugar; sprinkle on top of bread.