Make this dish the next time you are hosting and your guests will enjoy it.
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1/2 cup loosely packed light brown sugar
- 1/8 teaspoon kosher salt
- 2 1/4 cups plus 3 Tbsp. all-purpose flour, divided
- 1 (1/2-inch) piece fresh ginger, peeled
- 3/4 cup turbinado sugar, divided
- 7 to 9 medium-size peaches , halved
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 large egg white, lightly beaten
- 2 teaspoons granulated sugar
1. Preheat stove to 400 degrees. Beat initial 3 ingredients and 2 1/4 cups of flour with an electric mixer just until combined. Place batter on a floured surface; roll to 1/4-inch thickness. Cut around 14 rounds with a 2 1/2-inch fluted round cutter. Put rounds in a single layer on a baking sheet; cover and chill until you are ready to use.
2. Put ginger into food processor ginger, add 1/4 cup turbinado sugar and mix until well combined. Mix together ginger blend and remaining 1/2 cup turbinado sugar in a large bowl. Include lemon juice, peaches, and remaining 3 Tbsp. flour; Place peach halves, marginally overlapping, in a lubricated 10-inch cast-iron skillet, and pour any remaining juice over peaches.
3. After baking at 400° for 15 minutes. Take out of oven and settle shortbread mixture rounds among peaches. Brush rounds with egg white, and sprinkle with granulated sugar. Heat 17 to 20 minutes.