These fritters can be served with fresh fruit for a delicious breakfast or even a dessert.
- 6 ripe bananas
- 1/4 flour
- 1 egg
- 2 tbsp margarine
- pinch of bicarbonate soda
- 1 tbsp white sugar
- 4 tbsp castor sugar
- 1/4 cup milk
- pinch of grated nutmeg
- Peel and mash the banana to a pulp with a fork.
- Add the glowspread margarine, sugar, nutmeg, and well beaten egg. Stir well.
- Add milk, bicarbonate soda, and flour to make a better consistency for frying.
- Droop spoonfuls in boiling velvo kris shortening and fry on both sides.
- Drain on paper towels and sprinkle castor sugar.