Turkey and bean chilli is a great one-pot dish that you can make for a spicy supper. The recipe gives good flavour and a mild heat that everyone can enjoy.
- 1 cup prechopped red onion
- 1/3 cup chopped seeded poblano pepper
- 1 teaspoon bottled minced garlic
- 1 1/4 pounds ground turkey
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 2 teaspoons dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 (19-ounce) can cannellini beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 (14.5-ounce) can diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 (14-ounce) can fat-free, less-sodium chicken broth
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 6 lime wedges
- Prepare and heat a big saucepan over medium heat.
- Include initial 4 ingredients; cook for 6 minutes or until turkey is finished, mixing often to crumble.
- Mix in chili powder and next 8 ingredients; heat the mixture to boiling point.
- Reduce the heat, and stew for 10 minutes.
- Mix in cilantro. Serve when ready with lime wedges.