Tuna is a great tasting and easy to prepare fish; it can be used in various meals and this tuna salad recipe is one of many variations you can try.
- 10-12 ounces of canned white albacore tuna packed in water, drained
- 8-10 small radishes, cut into wedges
- 1 large carrot, shredded
- 1 clove garlic, smashed and minced
- 1 teaspoon minced ginger
- 1/2 to 1 serrano chile, seeded and minced (taste for heat and adjust, can also sub some chili pepper flakes)
- 2 Tbsp vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon dark sesame oil
- 3 Tbsp seasoned rice vinegar (or plain rice vinegar with a teaspoon of sugar)
- Salt and black pepper to taste
- 2 Tbsp chopped cilantro
- 1 whole green onion, chopped
1 Put the tuna, radishes, shredded carrot, garlic, ginger, chile, vegetable oil, dark sesame oil, and rice vinegar into a large bowl. Toss and combine them. Use salt and pepper to taste. Place into the fridge until chilled.
2 When ready to serve, stir in the chopped cilantro and green onion.
Serve with lettuce or use to make a tuna salad sandwich.