Try this recipe which wont take too much time to make or wont hurt your wallet either.
- Barbecue Dipping Sauce:
- 1 cup homemade or bottled barbecue sauce
- 2 tablespoons ketchup
- 1 onion, grated
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- Dash of Tabasco sauce, or to taste
- 3 boneless, skinless chicken breasts (about 1 3/4 lb.), cut into 1-inch cubes
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon olive oil, plus more for brushing
- 1 1/2 onions, quartered, layers separated
- Salt and pepper
- Make sauce: Combine barbecue sauce, ketchup, onion, lemon juice and Tabasco sauce in a bowl and mix.
- Make kebabs: Preheat oven or set up a charcoal fire and allow burn to a gray ash. Place chicken with Worcestershire sauce, lemon juice and olive oil in a dish until very much blended. Put aside to let chicken marinate at room temperature for no less than 15 minutes.
- String chicken cubes onto 8 long metal skewers, rotating with onion pieces. Brush every skewer with olive oil and season with salt and pepper
- Set boiling pan or barbecue around 6 inches from heat source. Sear or flame broil kebabs, turning frequently, until chicken is lightly brown and cooked through and onions are lightly browned on ends, around 10 minutes. Serve kebabs hot.