Soak your chicken tenders in a blend of pepper sauce and buttermilk. You can coat them with breadcrumbs and then fry easily for a quick meal.
- 1/2 cup buttermilk
- 3/4 teaspoon Tabasco sauce
- 1 1/3 pounds chicken tenders
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons kosher salt
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 2 eggs
- 2 tablespoons water
- 2 cups bread crumbs
- 3/4 cup vegetable oil
- Blend buttermilk and Tabasco in a resealable plastic bag. Include chicken tenders and marinate for no less than 1 hour or up to 1 day.
- Preset oven to 225°F. In a dish, blend flour with salt and cayenne pepper. In a shallow dish, beat together eggs with 2 Tbsp. water. Add bread crumbs in a different shallow dish. Line a baking sheet with wax paper.
- Take chicken tenders from buttermilk, taking off any excess batter, and place in flour mix, then dip them into egg. Next, place chicken in bread crumbs turning over to coat each side. Place on baking sheet.
- In a big skillet, heat 1/4 glass vegetable oil over medium-high warmth. When it is hot, put about a third of chicken tenders and cook, turning, until finish cooked, roughly 5 minutes. Place into to a baking sheet and keep warm.